The application is not intended for or marketed to children under the age of 13, or in some cases, even older. If you live in France, Germany, or the Netherlands, you must be at least 16. Please check your local law for the age of digital consent. If you don’t meet these age requirements, you may not use the Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us immediately. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of digital consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received information from a child under the age of digital consent, we will delete such information from our records within a reasonable time.
Collection of Personal Identification Information and Non-personal Identification Information
Personal Identification Information
GoSnow offers location-enabled services, for example to (i) locate the nearest ski resort to you, (ii) locate instructors near to you, or (iii) locate other users near to you. If you use those location-enabled services, GoSnow may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID)., IP address or WiFi). GoSnow collects location information when the GoSnow mobile application is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen). You will have the option to disable collection and use of location information. However, doing so may prevent you from using some features of the Services, or limit the function of some features.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of Services you requested or provided, your order details, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method.
Non-personal Identification Information
When you visit the mobile application we also collect non-personally identifiable information. Non-personal identification information is data that cannot be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as demographic information (such as age or gender) or usage information (such as the areas of the application you visit or platform used).
Information collected automatically
We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you use our Services. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
Cookies and Use of Cookie Data.
When you use our Services, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Services and to personalize your experience. Using a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Services, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Services to show you advertisements on other sites or applications.
Mobile Device IDs
We use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), or Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in “Settings” on your iPhone. Ad companies also use device IDs or Advertising IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage.
We may also supplement the information we collect with information from other sources to assist us in evaluating and improving our application and services.
You may review, correct, update or change your personal information, or remove your personal information from our direct marketing efforts, at any time by visiting your profile or account page on the Services, or by contacting us at: GoSnow, Inc., c/o Harvard Business Services, Inc., 16192 Coastal Hwy, Lewes, DE 19958, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoSnow uses personal identification information for several general purposes:
- To provide you with the mobile application and related services,
- To support the mobile application and services offered through the mobile application,
- To enable you to communicate with other users, including without limitation sending messages or other information,
- To improve customer service and the user experience,
- To fulfill services requested,
- To process payments and collections for services,
- To notify you of technical updates or changes in policy,
- To contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes,
- To process promotions and fulfill any related rewards or discounts.
We may use non-personal identification information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the mobile application and our service offerings.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- If sharing the information is necessary to provide or make available the mobile application and any features of the mobile application or services that you have requested.
- To another user to whom you have chosen to share certain personal information, such as your telephone number or email address, if you choose to meet up with another user through our platform, book a lesson or activity through our platform, or choose to accept a reservation for a lesson or activity through our platform.
- In the case of lessons or activities booked at a mountain resort partner, certain personal information will be transmitted to our mountain resort partner to enable them to keep their reservations systems up-to-date and determine which individuals have booked products or services.
- We use Braintree Payments, a third party payment processor, to process payments that you make through the mobile application for lessons and other bookings. In addition, we use Mailchimp to distribute emails from GoSnow to our users, and share certain personal information with Mailchimp, such as your name and email address, to enable Mailchimp to send emails on our behalf.
- We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing payment fulfillment services, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Services functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Services. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- To keep you up to date on the latest announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out). You cannot opt-out of service announcements that contain important information relevant to your use of the application and are not promotional in nature.
- If we believe we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or the application.
- In connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restricting, sale of company assets, financing or other corporate change, including during any due diligence process or if GoSnow should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding.
- When we otherwise have your consent to share the information.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information and data stored in the mobile application. Sensitive and private data is encrypted and protected in transmission. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the mobile application, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the mobile application, and you do so at your own risk.
Special Information for EU Users
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights, and GoSnow’s responsibilities, under this regulation.
- EU User Rights
If you are an GoSnow user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to GoSnow’s handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact GoSnow as outlined below.
Explanation and copies of your data
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that GoSnow has about you and how GoSnow uses that information.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that GoSnow collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because GoSnow requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- If GoSnow has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled “Explanation, Copies and Correction” below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, your information.
- Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may requests deletion by contacting GoSnow as outlined below. We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to GoSnow’s processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. GoSnow may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- You may also submit questions, comments or complaints to GoSnow’s Data Controller.
- Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, GoSnow processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
a) The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
GoSnow must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your bookings and to enable you to make payments.
- Location Information, which is necessary to identify other users and resorts near to you.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of GoSnow’s services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance GoSnow’s services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, incentives, connect users and instructors, and calculate costs of lessons.
- Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using GoSnow’s apps.
b) The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
- GoSnow may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
c) The processing is necessary for GoSnow’s legitimate interests
GoSnow collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, GoSnow uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud GoSnow or other users.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- To enforce GoSnow’s Terms of Service.
d) The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
- GoSnow collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- GoSnow may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
e) The processing is necessary to fulfill GoSnow’s legal obligations
- GoSnow may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- GoSnow may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- GoSnow relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of your consent.
- Location Information
Your Acceptance of these Terms
By using the Services, you signify your acceptance of this policy and as the policy is amended by us. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this policy with constitute your acceptance of those changes.
Data Controller. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, GoSnow is the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
GoSnow, Inc, Data Controller.
c/o Harvard Business Services, Inc.,
16192 Coastal Hwy,
Lewes, DE 19958
Last Updated: July 3, 2018